Education in private educational complex “Svetlina” is carried out under an approved program of Ministry of Education and the original educational program for “Svetlina”, in order to upgrade the children of two years and six months to six years old.
Private kindergarten “Svetlina” is the only kindergarten where we have:
- A small number of children in a group
- A system to overcome stress
- Individual care and education to every child
- Interactive, environmental and creative training
- Wonderful conditions in all locations “Svetlina”. Our bases are modernly equipped with materials and there are large landscaped garden areas conducive for outdoor lessons, games and sports.
- Parallel training of two languages – Bulgarian and English. In “Svetlina”, native speakers, whose mother tongue is English, work with the children.
- Second language at the request of the parents. There is an opportunity to study German, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hindi.
- Arts: music, fine arts, dance, theater
- Sports: swimming, skiing, skating, gymnastics, yoga, dance, capoeira, football, aikido, Brain gym, and many more.
- Formation of personal identity, sense of responsibility and discipline
- An all year round monitoring of each child through diagnosis and professional observation by different specialists
- Multimedia and interactive learning
- Implementation of the “Nordic” model of communication of children with male teachers in their weekly training
- Implementation of the model “circle education”, in which the activities of children are not done only in the same room throughout the school year
- Active and smooth integration of children to social interaction and appropriate behavior with life sustainability beyond the kindergarten. We also offer visits to different places in our city, and all this with an aim of education and general upbringing of the children.
- Camping around the country. Here we have scout and surf schools with an educative, sports and entertainment quenching character, and the major aim is to develop psycho-emotional stability and self-sufficiency in the children. The youngest participants in the camps of “Svetlina” are three year-old children, whose special program is prepared.
- Certificate for completion of the preparatory class.
The main objective of the team in private educational complex “Svetlina” is to give children the ability to freely deploy, without limitation, through our innovative original program. Our goal is not only to let the children acquire skills, knowledge and their sustainability, but also their practical application in today’s world of the 21st century. The system also provides involvement of parents in the process of child development. This, we believe, is the key to the successful formula, teacher-child-parent which effectively helps to unleash the creative potential of the children. The program covers a wide range of areas:
- Cognitive development of logic, mathematical thinking, memory, spatial thinking, language skills, quick response, concentration, common culture, development of left and right hemisphere of the brain, fourteen types of intelligence
- Seeking of a balance between the development of intelligence on one hand, and on the other, sports and arts in a wide variety of their clean classic appearance up to their modern integration into the society today
- Communication, language and literacy
- Development of physical movements, psycho-emotion and sensory
- Social development according to age and development of skills in communication in real life.
Jump Math is a methodology for teaching mathematics and was developed by John Meytan – mathematician from the University of Toronto. The main goal is that children understand math easier and let it become their favorite subject.
Art academy is an educational project designed for children and students from three to fifteen years-old. Young artists will have the opportunity to paint, experiment and have fun under the care of specialists from the National Art Academy. The children will communicate with real artists, applied artists, craftsmen and others. Classes cover the fine and applied arts, modeling, graphics and collage art from recycled materials, natural systems combined with techniques from natural materials.
Theater and Drama Club
Theater and Drama Club is a creative laboratory for children with artistic inclinations and interests in the arts, dance and music with the improvisational possibilities. The objective is the discovery and development of young talent with skills and talents, enrich their values, and in this way develop their artistic flair, figurative thinking and imagination. The aim is by means of theater and art in general, to support the learning process, but also to achieve harmony between still rich inner world of the child and hectic modern technocratic communication.
Music In The Children’s World
In this club, children attend classes in piano, synthesizer, guitar (classical and electric), bass guitar, drums and musical theory. Specialists from the National Conservatory help children develop artistic taste, to acquire knowledge and skills in the field of music. The school aims to enrich the general culture of the children while they educate them in human ethics, inspire courage them in their own direction of interest, train their imagination and fantasy and give a chance to discovery and expression of their own emotions.
Self-esteem, good physical shape, subtlety and grace, upright, graceful gait can be achieved with the help of dancing. In the dancing club, children can learn the basics of classical and modern ballet, folk dancing, Latin dancing and zumba, dancing and fiery, etc. And when combined with makeup, hair style, costume and experience of the stage fright, it is memorable, and later, the gained experience opens many doors to success.
The most important parents’ and teachers’ engagement is to convey the main virtues to children. In this club, kids learn the language of integrity and self-esteem, and in this way, they discover different ways to express themselves and to show some moral choices.
Early Financial Education Club
It is an original program based on the bestselling book by Robert Kiyosaki, “Rich Kid, Smart Kid,” as well as an entertainment on the children’s version of the game “Streams of Money.” In this club children develop practical skills and leadership qualities through many games and fun. Sophisticated things like what money is, how to use it and its management, are explained in an easy and interesting way. Children learn about different professions, their pros and cons, and also about what charity is, as well as personal savings. They also learn to make a difference between things that are required and things that are necessary. In due course, they learn about more complex issues, yet useful answers about the times we live in are eventually found.
Sports that are offered as optional and additional clubs are many and are of a very big variety. Families can choose from football, artistic and aesthetic gymnastics, capoeira, aikido, tennis, Kangoo jumps, skiing and snowboarding, skating, swimming, athletics or tourism.
Brain Gym Club
This is an innovative method, which is founded on the principle that the deliberate movement leads to the higher educational results. It is a new type of motor program which, through interesting games and plays, unnoticeably develops maximum mental capacity of the children.
Throughout the year, private educational complex “Svetlina” organizes camps on different interesting educational topics. The programs are tailored to the age of the children and they cover different levels of development – educational, sports and other activities.
Private Education Complex organizes:
School of Science / Science camp /
School of History / History camp /
Opening hours (from Monday to Friday) are from 7:30 to 18:00; we also offer extended hours according to individual requirements and needs of the family. We work on a schedule agreed with the parents and we will wait at the end of the day, if you are late to pick up the child.
Non-working days for us fully correspond to all national holidays of the Republic of Bulgaria; yet we offer an option for the care of children even then.
The school year in “Svetlina” is from 1st September to 30th June. During the months of July and August we organize summer school and payments for attendance of a child are done based on a daily basis.
Children eat four times a day:
- Morning breakfast
- Interim breakfast with fresh fruit and vegetables
- Lunch with a three course menu: soup, main dish, dessert
The food is nutritious and is fully consistent with the age requirements and regulations of the Ministry of Health. Our goal is to provide children with a properly balanced and healthy diet including lots of seasonal fruits and vegetables. Early addiction to environmentally friendly food and good table manners are also among our major priorities too.
Initially, a meeting is held with parents in their chosen location with a manager or director. The purpose of the meeting is for the parents to familiarize themselves with the policies of “Svetlina” and to create a more effective partnership with the kindergarten in the name of the children. The purpose of these meetings, on one hand, is for the parents to walk around the bases and personally feel the atmosphere of the educational institution; and on the other hand, both sides thoroughly exchange thoughts, policies, vision and values to be followed for the future happiness and success of the little man.
The next steps are signing of a contract for educational services, filling out of the registration form and handing in of a set of documents from parents, including the medical tests’ results, birth certificates, declarations supporting the policies of “Svetlina”.
Just before registration, parents receive the original tale of “Svetlina” with which we help children in advance well before their socialization. We also provide a program for parents. In it there is a collection of opinions and recommendations of many experts – psychologists, pedagogues, sociologists and parents for easy and seamless integration in the children’s team.
Reservation of a place for a child is done by signing of a contract for pedagogical service and payment of an amount equal to one monthly fee that is used in the last month of training with us.
- Oral feedback – with daily conversation with the main teachers, or or weekly conversation with the operational administrator.
- Electronic feedback – each parent receives a password to access personal account of their own child. It publishes weekly food menu, photos of various events and experiences of the child, information on upcoming events and festivals of the group, as well as other interesting facts and articles related to education, health and upbringing.
- At the end of each week , a weekly report prepared under certain parameters gets published.
- At the end of each month, parents receive monthly report, which contains detailed information on the development of their child’s interests, new developments and how the child is fairing. Teachers and specialists give recommendations on what to pay attention to in general communication with the child at home.
There is an all-year-round monitoring of each child and his/her parents. We offer a possibility, even up to three times a year, for you to hold a private meeting with the director or manager, who sums up the available results gathered by all professionals and teachers working with your child.
“Open Days” are organized once per year and parents that wish to, may attend and to directly observe their child in a classroom environment right in the kindergarten. We encourage positive relationships between parents and teachers, for in this way, we together create the best positive environment that the children need.
Project “My Family”
This project is related to the integration of the family in the child’s life in the kindergarten. Once a month we invite a family member of the children in the group who shares with us his profession. The kids are introduced to the advantages and disadvantages of each profession. They discuss interesting and useful facts related to specific topics.